310 Demonstration – Six Decades of Calamity. Tibet Demands Freedom.
Tibet has preserved and protected its own language, culture and religion. They have lived for thousands of years in collaboration with the nature. His Holiness 13th Dalai Lama clarified once again, on 13 February 1913, that Tibet is an independent State.
However, since 1949, the People’s Liberation Army of China started to invade the Eastern Tibet, and forced the Tibetan government to sign “the 17th Agreement” in 1951. In response to this injustice, Tibetan stood up and the uprising happened on 10th March 1959. After being annexed by China, Tibetan people have not been able to enjoy their freedom and fundamental human rights. They suffer the discrimination and the genocide by the Chinese government. The Chinese Communist Government conducts “Sinicization” of Tibetan people under the pretext of modernization. They mercilessly destroyed the language, culture and religion of Tibet.
It has already been more than 60 years since Tibetan People are forcibly displaced from their motherland.
On the occasion of the 60th year of the 310 Tibet Uprising back in 1959, we will speak up to protect the freedom and fundamental human rights of all the Tibetan people.
For further information, please visit the following Facebook pages:
- 310西藏抗暴日-台灣 March 10, the Tibetan Uprising Day in Taiwan
- 西藏台灣人權連線 Human Rights Network for Tibet and Taiwan
We enthusiasticaly invite all of you to join us in the demonstration.
- TIME: 10 March 2019, 13:00 pm
- MEETING POINT: 228 Memorial Park (In front of the National Taiwan Museum)
- THE ENDING POINT OF DEMONSTRATION: West Honganji Square (174, Sec.1, Zhonghua Rd., Wanhua Dist., Taipei City)
- ACTIVITY BOOTHS: From 14:00 pm to 16:00 pm at West Honganji Square